Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Addicted to oxycodone pill. How to recover from this?

I have not eaten for 3 days. I cant afford you. so thanks but no thanks. Nothing is for free. There is no help out there. I worked for 40 years and this is how I end up. Sad but true. I hope you never have to go through what I am, the pain, the insecurity. I would rather die. Yes I cant pay any money. My son is 25 been addicted to oxycodone pill for 3 years. He has been doing 150my to 250mg a day. The last week he slammed heroin and smoked it. He almost overdosed twice. His dad kicked him out after enabling him all his life. I told him he had two choices detox or he needed to leave. My dad just died, I was up 3 nights watching to see if he was breathing. He went into detox. They gave him Suboxin I don't agree with that drug for him. He has been using 3 years not 20. Why get addicted to another drug. It is a class 3 narcotic. He feels it or He would not want it plus he can sell them on the street for 20. Hes in a halfway house now. If he sells it will lead him down the same road. I am 55 and dying. I am trying to save his life before I go. He doesn't know Im dying I appear healthy although Im on SSD. Ive had 2 brain aneurysms clipped and now I have another one. I will not have another brain surgery. I have COPD, back problems. I hide all from family I don't want them to see me when im bad. I have been through detox myself I know how it feels. Been there done that. Suboxin just doesn't cut it with my gut. Maybe Im wrong. Im open to opinions., I am scared my son is going to die. All I want is for him to have a life. Please help me help him. Thank You.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your situation and frustration. It is difficult to go through this and it is difficult to have a son that is addicted to the drugs that your son is addicted to. I am glad he is in a halfway house now and is in the system. He needs to be monitored and I would think that he could be court ordered to treatment if you wish (if he is still under 18). Please check with social services and his counselor. I think this will immensely help him though it may strain your relationship with him. There is help out there and I do not want to give you false promises but there are people that were addicts just like you son and are now doing just fine. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor