Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Addicted to heroine. Having a baby. What can be done?

My son is 22 and just went to western psych in pittsburgh, he has been to glen beigh and six others many hospital stays and stabbed himself three years ago on heroine and other pills he just relapsed and having a baby with an addict in a few weeks. they are separated now He goes crazy every relapse. Clean time nine months than seven months He does well with his friends that have clean time and he helps others when he is clean. What would work it Pittsburgh , he was in Uniontown and had support but baby will be there and girlfriend. Any good programs in Pittsburgh needs halfway house than step down. Thanks Elise. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

Heroine is a opioid drug. It is diacetyl morphine. It is having very high abuse potential and it causes both physical dependence and psychological dependence. It has to be detoxified in a hospital or rehabilitation center. I will advise you to take him to a Psychiatrist for expert opinion. Medicines like Naloxone+Buprenorphin combination are given for preventing relapse. In acute stage of withdrawal he may need medicines like methadone. But these drugs should be given under supervision only.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor