Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Acute knee pain, nerve compression, cervical myelopathy. Traction required. Treatment?

Hi , My Dad has been detected with cervical myelopathy , he has got acute knee pain since past 6 weeks due to which he is unable to walk,i took him to a ortho who said he has nerve compression and it should be treated by neurosurgeon , i have visited a neurosurgeon who says he needs a traction of 4.5 kgs and bed rest . and post that we shall see how we can decompress his nerves and also points out that the knee pain has nothing to do with nerve compression , i am very confused what should be my line of action
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
ya knee pain is not due to cervical myelopathy
which generally presents with shoulder pain and tingling numbness in fingers
kindly do a MRI cervical and lumbar spine
and X-ray of knee to rule out arthritic process.
Answered: Sat, 5 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor