Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Acne on chest, back. Using acne free with cleanser, toner, repair lotion. Alternative?

My son is 17, has severe acne on his chest and back. He says it hurts all the time. He is continually picking at his back. He has been using a product called acne free, which has a 3 step process of cleanser, toner and repair lotion. It helps some, but is not helping with his pain. Is there a better product out there that will help him faster. He is very uncomfortable with this pain.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
This is a typical case of acne vulgaris affecting the trunk. few things can be done for him
1. use some anti inflammatory drug to relieve him of the pain but should be taken with a doctor's advice. and specially after meals.
2. he should not prick any of the lesions as it will worsen the disease and will increase the infection.
3. use some anti acne soaps that will help to reduce the excess oil on body.
4. consult your nearby dermatologist as he may need an expert opinion based on the type of lesions and duration of his illness.
Dr Gaurav Bhaskar
Answered: Wed, 29 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor