Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Acne breakouts on the cheeks, rashes on the body. Foul smelling urine. Bacterial vaginosis diagnosed

I am having acne breakouts and millia on my right cheek, along with severe burning pain inside vagina. And sometimes urine smells of fish odour. And rashes like dermatosis over different parts of my body persistently since 3 months. All these symtoms come together. And i showed myself to a gynaec for the vaginal problem.she said its bacterial vaginiosis. I am 38 years old and married with a daughter. I am monogameous.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Fishy smelling urine is usually a sign of an infection (sexually transmitted); but the condition most suspected is bacterial vaginosis.

It is a simple infection which can be easily diagnosed and treated with effective antibiotic coverage.

In the meantime, I would advise you to abstain from sexual intercourse till at least 7 days after the last day of treatment.

Do not worry, all your symptoms are related to your infection and shall subside with adequate antibiotic treatment.

The acne could be related to a hormonal change occurring either due to a period or an infection that has resulted in menstrual irregularities.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes.
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor