Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Acidity due to irregular eating habits. Take Rantac?

Hi Samuel, i am Prathap, 25 years old working as a Software Engineer. Due to my nature of job, most of the times i couldn t able to have food at the right time, so am suffering from acidity from past 6-7 months. I heard about Rantac-150 tablet and i want to know that whether it is useful and should i take it before having food or after..? how could i overcome from this problem. Thank you in advance..
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  954
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. Please don't take any drug without consulting the doctor. I will advise you to take food at regular intervals and in time.

Avoid spicy food, oil rich food, coffee, tea, chocolates etc. Take food atleast in 5 hour intervals. I will advise you to consult physician and seek his opinion. Get well soon and thank you.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sumanth K P
Answered: Mon, 29 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor