Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Achalasia cardia failure, baloon (3.5 cm) dilation,

Hi Sir, my sister aged about 55 Yearssuffering from achalasia cardia failure and need surgery. She lost about 15 to 20 kg weight and unable to take any form of food and she has undergone baloon (3.5 cm) dilation done but the problem persists. Now she has been advised for surgery. We are realy worried we wanted know more deatils of the surgery who are all the best doctors who can do these type of sugeries at Banglore India She has ugdergone two times
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
According to your description it seems that your sister has severe achalasia and surgery would definitely be beneficial for her. She has already undergone dilatation twice and her symptoms have recurred. You can even try botox (botulinum toxin) injections but they are not a long term solution.

Surgery (Heller's myotomy) is the most long lasting solution in this case. This surgery can be performed laparoscopically these days and is usually clubbed with a fundoplication (myotomy - they given an incision in the muscle of esophagus to facilitate the passage of food, but this can sometimes lead to some heart burn and so they club it with a surgery to prevent reflux/ heart burn).
Answered: Sat, 5 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor