Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Accidently poked in the eye, eye irritation, hoovers. Allergic reaction?

My daughter was accidentally poked in inner corner of eye yesterday. And today her eye is irritated with eye hoovers all over it. I cleaned up XXXXX and that has relieved some of the irritation. But the eye boogers keep coming.the friend that poked her had been playing with their cats and dogs. Could it be scratched or a bad allergy reaction or both?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response

Any eye injury should be taken seriously.
Especially the cornea.
Cornea is a very delicate structure and our vision depends upon it.
If the injury is established then is very difficult manage because it becomes permanent and the ability to regenerate to normalcy is unlikely.
The contamination may be high due to the source of the injury was in contact with animals.
Take the help of an Ophthalmologist.
Answered: Sat, 1 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor