Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Accidentally inhale some of the cleaning products. Is this something serious ?

Last Saturday (3/12/11) I closed at my work and happened to accidentally inhale some of the cleaning products they were using in the back kitchen. I started losing my voice Sunday night (I ve never lost my voice before) and I m just now starting to get it back to normal again (it is now Thursday the 17th). Also, about 2 nights ago I started having a shooting pain in my left lymph node (it s also a bit enlarged) on my neck and in part of my head . Could this all be because of the chemicals?! I haven t been feeling well lately either and I wonder if my symptoms are due to allergy, a virus, or simply due to those chemicals. Just curious if this is something serious/ what are some remedies I can use to help it heal.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  412
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response

yo might have got secondary infection due to inhalation for chemicals that is quite common. start doing warm saline water gargling and take steam inhalation at least 3 times a day and better to consult ent surgeon and get examined if it too serious injury you might have to start course of antibiotic
Answered: Sun, 20 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
Consult an ENT surgeon, and get an endoscopy done.
Answered: Fri, 18 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.From what you have mentioned, losing voice can be due to the chemical, which was like an irritant. Some of these might have chlorine , which is known to have such effects. But you also mentioned about having palpable lymph nodes, which is suggestive of infection. Even viral infection could lead to that.So if you are already feeling better, little to worry. Else, get yourself shown to a primary physician or a ENT doc.Get well soon.
Answered: Fri, 18 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor