Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Accidentally hit my head while playing, it pains. Any Tests needed?

My friend accidentally hit her head against her friends head while trying to head a soccer ball. She now has a bump on the right side of her forehead. It was soft at first, but now it's hard. She's in a lot of pain and it feels heavy and she's dizzy at times. Should she visit the doctor to have it checked? Any tests required? Thank you!
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

The swelling on the forehead is likely to be due to a scalp hematoma (bleeding underneath the skin over forehead). It would subside on its own within a few days.
Dizziness also would subside soon.
For symptom relief, your friend could take ibuprofen tablet for headache and betahistine for dizziness.
If symptoms persist, a CT scan of the brain may be done.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor