Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Accidentally hit in eye. Have blood blister in the corner of the eye, no vision issues. See a doctor?

My daughter accidentally head butted me in the right eye this morning. Right afterwards, I immediately developed an accumulation of blood (blood bump or blood blister ) in the left corner of my eye in the white part of the eye. The blood bump extends over to the edge but not actually into the color portion of my eye. It has stayed the same size since the incident. My eye still aches some from being hit (2 hrs ago), but I have no vision changes or other issues. Is it advisable to have a physician do an exam on the eye or can I monitor it and just assure that the bleeding does not reoccur and the blood bump increase in size?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  419
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
There appears to be sub conjunctival haemorrhage in your eyes. If your vision is fine then there is not much to worry. You may put some antibiotic drops. Get a BP checked. the haemorrhage will resolve in 10-14 days. However this is a case of blunt trauma then the importance of eye checkup cannot be negated. Do not panic but eye checkup including retina examination should be done.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor