Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Accidental swallowing of staple found in the food. Will it cause harm?

My boy friend and I were just eating Chinese food and he discovered that there was a staple in his food when he bit down on it but luckily he was able to spit it out, however He then got a little worried when he felt a slight scratching in his throat and since we dont know how the hell the staple got into his food he is worried that he could have swallowed another one on accident. If he did is it anything to b worried about?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Proctologist 's  Response
though a closed stapler is comparatively less harmful than an open stapler pi, I suggest you take an X-ray of your neck, chest, stomach & pelvis.
please donot panic as if whatever the thing accidentally swallowed is less than 1cm , chances are that it be passed in stools.
take care
wish you good health
Dr. Pravin Gore
Laproscopic colorectal surgeon & proctologist.
Mumbai - INDIA
Answered: Mon, 29 Sep 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor