Abscess on underarm area, had used old razor, bad deodorant. Diagnosed as hidradenitis suppurativa. Can it be anything else?

Within a month while I was away at college I ve developed 2 abscesses on my right underarm and one on my left underarm. I was shaving with an old razor, and using a bad deodorant with aluminium. I have recently had rabies vaccinations too (since i m in the animal care industry) and have been over stressed with very little sleep and a poor diet during those 3 months at school. I m otherwise healthy. I ve only seen walk in clinics when I got the abscesses lanced. They said its Hrenditis supprativa without doing any diagnostics. I m pretty healthy, can these abscesses be caused by any other reason?
Wed, 8 Aug 2012