Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Abnormal vaginal bleeding, abdominal pain, hysterectomy scheduled. How to get relief?

I am scheduled to see my GYN on Monday to actually schedule a hysterectomy . I am 38 yrs old and have had abnormal vaginal bleeding and abdominal pain for some time now ( just wanted to give you some background). I woke up this morning and started bleeding again but I also am very swollen and uncomfortable. As the day goes on, it s becoming more irritated. What do you think this is and is there anything I can do to get relief between now and Monday? Thank you, Lisa
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
There could be various possibilities, such as uterine fibroids, adenomyosis, cysts, thickening of the lining of the uterus, hormonal imbalances, clotting disorders etc.
you could take some drugs like Tranexamic acid for stopping the bleeding, but it is better off to consult your doctor before taking any drugs.
All the best.
Answered: Mon, 12 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor