Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Abnormal long periods, problem in pregnancy. What can i do?

For the past year or so, my periods have been lasting anywhere between 10-14 days. This is abnormal for me, as usually they last 6-7 days. I m 32, not on birth control , and am not allowed to take birth contfol. I have been pregnant 8 times, and have had 3 live births, many missed miscarriages at 13 weeks, and one neo natal death. I have also had several d and c s due to the miscarriages (about 12 now), and have also had 2 cerclages placed in he last couple of pregnancies.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to the forum

Your health needs immediate medical attention. You should get clinically assessed by a gynae. Bleeding for long can get you weakened.

The cause for heavy bleeding should be detected. Heavy bleeding can result due to fibroid or endometriosis. It can be due to cysts or other pelvic inflammatory disease.

Your treatment will depend upon the diagnosis made. Get your blood tests and USG done at the earliest. Get fit first before thinking of any more pregnancies. Do not neglect your health.

Take nutritious home made food rich in iron, minerals and anti-oxidants. Take protein rich food, dairy products rich in calcium. You can take vitamin supplements to keep fit. Take energy drinks, keep well hydrated. Hope I have answered your question, take care.
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor