Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Abnormal insulin without any eggs in follicle, could i be pregnant ?

I m 30 years old and having periods every 40 days.I also had a mis-carriage during the first 1.5 years. From there, we were trying and not succesful. So decided to go for treatment. Going for treatment for the past 1yr. Initial tests shows that insulin is not normal. doctor advised to take diabetin/glucophage 500mg.After these tablets, insulin become normal. Still continuing the tablets. Also, taking Diane 35/Progyluton for past 8 months, now i get periods in every 30 days. Doctor planned to do IUI initially and started the ultra sound scanning and found that no eggs formed on the follicle.follicle keeps growing and doctor confirmed that no egg found and it could be Follicular ovarian cyst . Also taking serophene 50 mg (2 day to 6th day) and doctor planned to increase it to 100mg later on. Also if it doesn t work she planned to do injection. Q: 1. Wanted to understand the criticality of the problem? 2.Can you suggest good gyna in chennai?
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
  User's Response
hi welcome to healthcare magic
your complaints are resembling with PCOD, in which scanty menses and abnormal ovulation is seen
here the whole pituitory-thyro-overian axis is defected, in short the mess in hormonal status
to know better, you need to discuss thouroughly and go for systematic treatment
and lastly, if possible,prefer ayurvedic treatment for hormonal correction,to avoid future complications
take care

Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.What you are having probably is poly cystic ovarian disease.In this the eggs do not form and there are multiple cysts in the ovary.The treatment given to you if for this.What ever is done till date is fine,but still I would suggest that you take a second opinion from other gynecologist.If not done please go for your thyroid test and prolactin hormone can discuss this with your doctor.bye.
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor