Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Abnormal ekg showing q waves and left anterior infarct

54 year old female - EKG during physical showed abnormal - q waves present in V3 and V4 stating left anterior infarct. Sinus rhythm normal -dr. wasn t sure if machine was OK, so did 2nd one on another machine, same outcome. Doc said could be nothing or something very serious. Help! Very anxious and see cardio in 3 days.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  661
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
In your ECG report abnormal Q wave in V3 and V4 indicates old infarcts so if you do not have any heart problem you remain under observation.
Echo test is final.
If you develop any problems in between you can go to ER.
ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Since there are Q wave changes it may indicate an old heart attack. Anyways you are prone for more if you do not take care of yourself. Eliminate junk food, colas, fatty food from your diet. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Exercise daily but only according to your Cardiologist's advice. You will probably be put on Aspirin. Do you have Hypertension or Diabetes. These are the common risk factors.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since you are 54 yrs the changes in EKG can be due to cardiac origin so if there are changes you should take them seriously and get investigated further.Please do blood test of Cardiac enzymes like CPK-MB;Troponin;SGOT to rule out heart problems.If the enzymes are raised then it is surely a heart problem and if not then it may be due to some other reason.Please get blood test done as soon as possible and consult a Cardiologist immediately and if you cannot fix up an appointment then visit a ER for further investigation and treatment.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor