Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Abnormal blood test results

HI.. what does a high esr (58) and low hb (11.8) + low hct (33.9) + high eosinophil (6) mean and chol 225 + trig 192. i m 47 years old and 3 years past menaupose. thanks
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  756
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Good Day
High ESR and Anaemia with Oeosinophilia indicates an allergic state either to food, drugs, worm infestation but high ESR can be raised in Autoimmune disease like Rheumatoid arthritis, Tuberculosis, which also cause anaemia. Get your stool tested for worms, especially if you have night coughs and wheeze. Your Cholesterol and TAG are high indicating need to stop eating junk food and eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and daily brisk walking for 40 minutes a day. Drink plenty of water. Consult your Doctor regarding these values and take appropriate treatment which may be necessary.
Answered: Mon, 27 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
High eosinophil indicates you are allergic to something and along with it you have low immunity. Nothing major to be worried abt.
Answered: Wed, 18 May 2011
  User's Response
esr indirectly indicate chronic inflamation in ur body , hb is not that much low

eosinophil high indicate might be u r having warm / parasitic infection

out of this important is whts ur complain , whts ur symptoms and sign thats more important

dr janak sindhav
+91-94285 82684
Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor