Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Abnormal bleeding during and after intercourse. Is it serious?

my girlfriend is having abnormal bleeding during and after intercourse. this has been going on for the last 13 or 14 days. now she is bleeding heavy. the color is a very deep red. she is very stubborn and does not wish to go to the hospital. can you maybe tell me is this needs to be addressed immediately?
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
You need to tell your girl friend not to worry and she has Menorrhagia , where bleeding is more and heavy. Let her get checked or take tablet norethisterone 5mg tds for 10 days and see how it goes while taking precaution if she is having any other gynaecological condition needs checkup with OBG specialist.
may need further investigations like ultra sound Scan abdomen and /or MRI and rule out a fibroid or a
bleeding disorder.
Answered: Fri, 16 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor