Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain, swelling, distended, back pain, foul smell, diarrhea, high WBC. On CAT scan. On tylenol. Help?

Since the last week in Feb, I have had abdominal pain. Started with the upper left quadroon, and causes back pain.
My belly is swollen or distended, it becomes worse when I eat. Bowels vary from, normal to diarrhea, very foul smelling. I have been to the ER twice, been to Primary multiple times (who has now dropped me as patient, because I keep asking for pain meds) Pain is pretty much constant and intolerable. Right now i am taking one tramadol with two tylenol every four hours. This helps a little but not much. My white blood count is high (although I don't have #'s, I was told this by PCP. CAT SCAN with contrast dye, did not show any problems with organs. However i do not know it the intestines or colon was looked at. I think the ER is also thinking I may be looking for drugs now too, but I could be just paranoid. I do have Alpha 1 Anti Trypsin and Factor V Leiden. Blood pressure has been high for me since this has started. Normally blood pressure is on good low side, no cholestrol problems, never had any stomach issues in the past. They did find a small Kidney stone on right side, but pain is primarily on above left and center.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello ! We can not ignore this kind of chronic abdominal pain which requires medications every four hours. Some history if you consume any alcoholic beverages would have been helpful. However, the site of your pain points more towards pathology in the stomach/duodenum like hyperacidity causing ulceration, which has penetrated and might be causing inflammation of organs in the back like pancreas. However, even though all these points to an abdominal problem, you should also get your cardiovascular status checked by a cardiologist specially when your blood pressure has gone up. Also you should go for Serum Amylase and Serum Lipase. The finding of a small kidney stone on the right may be a coincidental. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor