Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain radiating to chest, prescribed Topcid. Remedies?

I was not punctual at meals. also due to hectic work fluid consumption too is very poor. from the last 3 months I am getting abdomen pain which comes up to the chest . unbearable. Doctor suggested topcid 40 tablet one during night. Last two days I did not take it & now the pain is unbearable. kindly sugest me the remedies
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  271
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response
Most likely you are suffering from peptic ulcer. If your pain is related with meals intake, and a chest pain is like burning this might be it. However, when chest pain appears, it is always necessary to rule out any heart diseases like ischaemic heart disease as a heart attack may come up with similar symptoms. At least ECG should be performed and other heart tests if necessary.
If it`s about peptic ulcer, treatment can be started only after gastroduodenoscopy (it is necessary to rule out any malignant tumors, and check if there is Helicobacter Pylori infection). If your gastric mucosa is infected by this bacteria, antibiotics treatment associated with H2 blockers treatment is necessary.
If gastroduodenoscopy will show nothing, it is possible that you are suffering from gall stones and ultrasound of abdomen is necessary. Hepatic and pancreas tests should be performed as well.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 15 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Gastroenterologist Dr. Charles S Narasi's  Response
Hello, loboblany,
Your schedule does sound very hectic. Irregular times of eating and not
enough fluid consumption. Now you are experiencing abdominal pain that
radiates upwards to the chest. This is very suggestive of acid reflux. Because
stress can induce more acid production.Topcid 40 is more like a supplement
and vitamin product. What you need is decent eating habits with enough
fluid intake and regular walking or yoga type relaxing methods to relieve
stress. I would also recommend over the counter Omeprazole 20 mg. once
or twice a day for about 4 weeks. to get the acid damage under control.
Wish you well.
Answered: Wed, 15 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Arif Khan S's  Response
dear Patient,

there is no doubt that you are suffering from acidity related problems, its common in working class men who work too much and does not eat adequately at correct times. Follow My treatment regimen you may find permanent relief.
1. start Eating anything Other than spicy, oily, too hot foods, which should be avoided at all costs.(my advice is to avoid party eating of all sorts) for the next one month
2. Avoid drinking tea,coffee, alcohol. Replace these with luke warm milk one glass in morning and one in night
3. Stop Topcid, Start on opec DSR 1 tab in morning and 1 tab in night for 5 days (take half hour before food)
4. Continue Opec DSR for 1 month 1tab Daily in morning before breakfast.
5. EAT whenver you are hungry , never eat full stomach and split meals into 4 or five times same quantity.
6. Excercise , take plenty water (3 to 4l min) daily.
follow these steps .....
you will get well soon
THank you
Answered: Wed, 15 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor