Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain on right side under ribs. What can I do to stop it ?

i have abdominal pain on my right side under my ribs and it keeps me up hours at a time. i dont get it all the time. only after i have had fried or fatty foods. from the little research i have done, i think it is my gallbladder . what can i do to stop/prevent this pain from happening again? i have slight relief after a bowel movement and when i scrunch up a certain way, but my relief is always short lived. the pain sometimes lasts 3-6 hours. one night it lasted from 10pm to 6am.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for your enquiry. It could be a possibility in this case. Gall bladder disease is usually seen in patients who are fat, over forty years of age and after eating fatty foods.
Other symptoms could present in a similar manner.
A chest X ray, and abdominal ultrasound and serum bilirubin levels, and gamma amino buturic acid could be help.
I suggest you meet your internist for a proper medical evaluation.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor