Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain has reoccurred. Earlier had physiologically distended gall bladder. More painful now. Suggestions?

I have physiologically distended gall bladder shown in my sonography in October when I had similar lower right abdominal pain and lower back pain. No Cysts were found any where and everything was normal. The pain subdued after some medication given by physician. Now it has come back again. And it is more painful than last time. Should I get a CT Scan done?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Gallbladder rather gives upper right abdominal pain radiating to the back with nausea and vomiting.
Lower right abdominal pain and back pain can be caused by urinary tract infection or urinary tract stones. Frequent urinating and burning while urinating can be also present.
Lower right abdominal pain should be always checked with possible appendicitis. With this condition nausea appears, the pain can aggravate while coughing or walking, heart rate is accelerated (above 100/min).
Other possible reasons of such pain are ovarian cyst, ectopic pregnancy.
Abdominal CT is not a necessary test. More valuable can be urine analysis, blood work, CRP, pregnancy test and abdominal ultrasound.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General Surgeon Dr. M Y Shareef's  Response
Hi ! From your symptoms, and the ultrasonographic finding, it seems you may be having a acalculous cholecystitis. Please go for some basic investigations like CBC, LFT, serum Amylase, and Lipase. You have not mentioned if you had any history of jaundice, or if blood sugar has been excluded in your blood sample or not. On the special investigation part, I personally would prefer a MRCP for you based on your symptoms. However, see your doctor to be examined clinically first before deciding on any specialised investigations. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General Surgeon Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Well, I suggest to do further tests or perform cholecystectomy. There must be a reason for distended gallbladder,usually this is stone,polyp or inflammation. YOu can do cT or HIDA to see this. YOur problem is probbaly caused by gallbladder,but stomach and pancreas issue can be considered. Wish you good health.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor