Hello and welcome to HCM
I interpret that you have two inter-related problems.
First problem is of acid reflux
and the second is that of occasional cramps with pain in lower abdomen.
First talking about the acid reflux problem, some measures to be taken are:
1. Reduce your weight in case you are overweight
2. Eat light food at night. Avoid spicy and fatty food especially at night
3. Take a stroll before going off to bed. There should be atleast two gap between dinner and sleeping/ lying down
4. Do not skip breakfast
5. Avoid excessive beverages like tea, coffee, alcohol
6. Take regular light exercise
7. Whle sleeping raise the head end of the bed or use a high pillow
8. Take a proton pump
20 mg preferably befor meals
9. Take the medicine for around 15 days along with othet measures mentioned above. If these measures are not taken then the symptoms will re-appear once you discontinue thw medicine
Regarding your other problem I would like to know whether these symptoms appear after consuming a specific type of food especially dairy products like milk, milk products etc. If yes then it may be lactose intolerance
If not then it may be an irritable bowel disease.
The exact cause and diagnosis and hence management can only be done after clinical examination and appropriate investigation.
You may require an ultrasound
abdomen and stool examination.
Consult a gastroenterologist
for further work up.
Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal