Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain during arousal, sex, before and after periods. Relief with heating pad, ibuprofen. Endomitriosis?

I have low abdominal pain at the following occasions 1. upon arousal that only intensifies if masturbates 2. a week before, during and after my menstrual cycle 3. if I sit for a prolonged time . When having sex and I do not have any of the 3 occurring I still have pain. I have started using Nuvaring which helped but now is not helping as much, I have to lay down with heating pad to help the pain and ibuprofen . My OBGYN believes it to be endomitriosis and is suggesting surgery, lapraoscopy, can there be anything else
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.F.
It appears to be vaginal infection, dysmenorrhoea, The infection is to be treated first if there is no complete relief you can go for operation.
Pain after prolonged sitting may suggest sone orthopedic problem. there may be infection of the sacroiliac joint, or pelvic inflamatory disease.
I advise you to consult an orthopedic surgeon, for taking another openion. You may have to go for M.R.I besides other routine tests for confermation.
Wishing for a quick recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor