Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain, bloating, gurgling sounds from stomach. History of IBS. Treatment options?

Hi i m wanting to know more about my IBS which i was told i had yrs ago..I think it s something else as i bloat and have pain in my left side daily..I ve had the scopes and waiting for another right now..I also have alot of gurgling all on my left side, i think it s my bowel but don t know what else to do..I hope you can help me..thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Your symptoms are typical of IBS and your colonoscopy will confirm it. Dietary modifications avoiding spices, pulses, oily food and aerated beverages would help reduce the discomfort. I also give Mebeverine or Pinaverium to my patients and they find relief with the same. Be relaxed as stress makes things worse.
I shall be happy to answer any query you may have.
Answered: Fri, 22 Aug 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor