Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain, bloating, distention, bulge in the groin area. What could this be?

I have as far as I can remember since late teens, always suffered with lower abdominal trapped wind type sharp pain. I thought it was diet , sometimes it came and went for a week or two or much longer. My stomach gets bloated and distended with it. It gets better if I lie flat, if I wear less tight trousers and sometimes push on the area. It is worse if I sit for long periods and eat, like in a car hunched over or wear restrictive clothing in te area. Over the last few months I have noticed a small bulge in the area of my groin that has previously bothered me. The bulge goes if I lie flat and can get a little less if I push on it. There is something behind the bulge as I can feel something that moves if I push on it. I am on holiday for a week and am now thinking I ve had a hernia I never knew about??
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  170
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
> Your description of new symptoms is typical of hernia - a general surgeon will confirm. It needs simple surgery
> However your old symptoms have no relation to this! they are suggestive of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and/or gastritis. Endoscopy from both ends (upper and lower GI endoscopy) is in need to confirm or deny and plan proper treatment strategy.
Both are easy to manage
Get well
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor