Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain. Normal abdominal USG. Should Drotin be taken?

My father is facing with extreme lower abdomen pain.. USG of whole abdomen has been done.. Report is normal.CBC, LFT, Lipid profile test have been done.. uric acid is above the range and others are normal. Prostate test has been done ...the report of it is also normal.. Family Physician prescribed Drotin twice for 5 days... What to do? Should he start the medicine?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  251
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Does your father has spasmodic abdominal pain/ loose watery stools/ constipation/ frequent urge to use washroom?
Does he has burning urination/ frequent urination/ fever?
With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of cystitis or gastrointestinal infection.
Your father should go for urine routine & microscopy, complete blood count and CT/ MRI scan of abdomen.
Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile, your father should continue drotin and if condition won't improve then he should take tramadol for relief of pain.
He should take plenty of water.
Take care,
Dr. MAyank Bhargava
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Drotin can be taken as ordered by your doctor but this does not solves the problem or explains the reason of your fathers pain.
Ultrasound is very sketchy test and there is many diseases (especially in the abdominal cavity) completely invisible for it. That is why, lac of disease indications in ultrasound does not mean that everything is fine. Same with blood tests. Increased uric acid is sometimes and indication of a cancer.
If your father is about 50 years old, large intestine diseases like polyps or cancer should be ruled out. To do that colonoscopy should be performed.
If still nothing will be found, abdominal CT might be necessary. All this tests should be done after gastroenterologist consult.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor