Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain. Done ultrasound. Could this be endometriosis?

hello i went to the doctor recently because of pain in my bottom right side of abdominal which the doctor thinks it may be endometriosis because ive been in so much pain. She saw a liquid filled sac really small that shes watching to see if its a cyst or not, or to see what happens. She did a ultrasound to take a better look and whatever was on the right side is gone but something on the left which shes watching. I still have really bad pain on the right only when i come on my menstraul and it lingers for a couple days after. Do you think this could be endometriosis. I also have noticed throught this that my cheeks on the inside of my mouth look swollen and i have looks like white patches on the gums and cheeks. The grey came first which looks like a line in the cheek. Also in the left corner of my mouth seems like there is irritation there sometimes. I do have some work that needs to be done on my teeth which the dentist said one tooth cannot be saved and the other tooth could but its also decaying also. So do you think that could be because of the bad teeth in my mouth?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Brownappril,

The problems you are describing as pain on the left side of your stomach can be because of many reason. Endometriosis can the one of the important cause. Depending upon the pain description that you have more pain during the period, it shows that the chances of endometriosis is there and it need to be taken care.
Now depending upon the severity of pain and duration of this problem and other investigation you can be prescribed some hormonal medications which can help to control this endometriosis and can regress this condition. Most of the time medication is sufficient to treat the condition, but some time other intervention may be required. In the mean time you also have to work up with the USG finding of cyst which may be the cause of the pain and after proper examination and investigation only something can be decided.
The other problem of your oral cavity can be because of the problem which is because of the decaying tooth. I would suggest you to have consultation with your dentist at the earliest so that other complication associated with decaying tooth can be prevented and in the meantime try to maintain proper oral hygiene.
Hope this will help you. Thanks
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Olubusola Brimmo's  Response
The pain in your abdomen is unlikely related to the symptoms you have in your mouth, I would suggest you have a CT scan of your abdomen to determine what the cause of abdominal pain is. This may be endometriosis, it may also be an abdominal cyst or abscess, it may also bee an inflamed appendix
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor