Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Abdominal discomfort, pain in the groin area and back. Had unprotected sex. Pregnant?

I am a 24 year old female and I ve been experiencing some adbominal discomfort for over a week now that sporadically comes and goes but seems to be more persistent in the past few days. It was occurring more on the left side yesterday but today it s more on the right and lower groin side. I also have stabbing pains in my back and stomach that come and go. I had unprotected sex last week as well (even though he pulled out) however I won t know about a missed period for another 2 weeks. I do recall experiencing some pain prior to having sex. Do you think I could be pregnant or could it be a result of something else too? What should I do in the mean time? I have experienced this type of pain in the past before but the doctor assumed I pulled a muscle or something or did too much exercise.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for getting in touch with us. As I see, you have been experiencing abdominal discomfort for around a week now. Are there any other signs and symptoms like diarrhea, constipation etc. along with this discomfort? This could be due to a number of reasons like infection, inflammatory bowel disease, pelvic inflammatory disease etc. Therefore, we would recommend you to get in touch with your Doctor and undergo a complete checkup. If you do not intend to become pregnant, then we would advice you to start using condoms, oral contraceptive pills or some other technique. Hope this helps.
Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon
Answered: Sat, 15 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Nsah Bernard's  Response
Dec 2012
if you have been experiencing pain after sex before, acute/chronic lower abdominal pain and irregular menses ( don't know if you have been having irregular menses),then we might start thinking of uterine hyperplasia/endometriosis. In any case I don't think we can talk of pregnancy related issues at this stage given that the pain is just a few days after unprotected sex and you haven't missed your period yet. You could pay a visit to a obsgyn for proper evaluation and an ultrasonography to be performed too.

Hope this helps
Answered: Sat, 15 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor