Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Abdomen pain, stomach bloated, kidney infection. What should be done?

HI I have pain (dull) in the lower right side of my abdomen and lower right side of back. Stomach is bloated also and I have slight discomfort when I pass urine . I have had kidney infections in the past so know it is not this. These pains have been coming and going for quite some time now. Sometimes I also feel discomfort under my right ribs - as if there something there. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

You need proper evaluation for abdominal pain.
It includes proper history taking, clinical examination and investigations like routine hemogram, Urine RE/ME.
Ultrasound of abdomen should also be done. It can detect many pathologies.
For bloated abdomen you can take pantoprazole right now.
Take plenty of liquids.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
Answered: Thu, 18 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi, many thanks for the query!
This can be stone related pain..
You need to do- USG (Abdo-Pelvis), X-ray KUB, LFT, Urine (R/M), RFT.
Till then take antispasmodics, antacids, pain killers,
diuretics with your doctor's opinion.
Avoid taking fatty food till reports come.
Drink plenty of water so that at least 2 litres of urine is voided in 24 hrs.
Wish you a good health.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 18 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor