Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Abdomen pain, lack of apetite, nausea, Ultrasound shows ruptured cyst. What should i do?

I have been having left side abdominal pain for 5 days now, accompanied by lack of appetite and nausea. I went to the doctor who did a pelvic exam, found nothing, and sent me for an ultrasound. They found a "moderate" amount of fluid around the left ovary, which they believe is the result of a ruptured cyst. The pain is relatively mild and moves from my left side toward the middle of my abdomen and back, then back to the left again. I never had the severe, sharp stabbing pains that many report with rupturing cysts. I am 27 years old and have only had one period since giving birth to my daughter a year ago (I was breastfeeding until recently). Also, the last two days I have had a mild fever (around 99 degrees).

I am concerned that this isn't getting better and that the doctors don't really know that it's a cyst, they are just guessing. Any advice for me?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hello, thanks for the query to H. C. M. C.
Usually ovarian cyst ( one or multiple) is asymptomatic ( no complaint). One yr back you delivered a child so at least this cyst in not interfering in ovarian function of that side where it present.
Loss of appetite and nausea and now 99 degrees temp. This is the cause of concern. Pain is also on the left side and slightly moving to middle of abdomen and than back.
In this situation only one possible reason is Amoebic colitis or worm infestation. 2nd reason may be gastritis causing nausea and loss of appetite.
Appetizers and antacids can improve your condition.
If no relief than consult a doctor and get blood examination, will find exact reason of disease. Good luck Dr. HET.
Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. M Y Shareef's  Response
Hi ! It is a suggestion to your family physician to evaluate you for a repeat pregnancy, which may be an ectopic one. Sometimes ectopic pregnancy which does not show up acutely does have chronic symptoms like the ones you have, and on ultrasound may be showing features you have mentioned. Also possibly you should go for a serum gonadotropin estimation as well. Thnks.
Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
moderate amount of Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.F.
You have got left lower dull abdominal pain, with moderate amount of fluid around the left ovary. Pain radiating to umblicus and back.
It could be a ruptured ovarian cyst , or appendicitis. Or it may be the tuberculosis of iliocecal junction. Any how M.R.I. may reveal the actual cause.
I advise you to consult a general surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. It appears that surgecal intervention may be necessory for recovery. Finally laprotomy may be necessory for exact diagnosis.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor