Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Abdomen pain, constipation, dizzy, loose stools. How to get cured?

hi i am a 24yr old female normally of good health. i was admitted into hospital on friday with abdo pain to which they thought was my appendix after feeling my tummy and normal blood results they said this was not the case. whilst i was on the ward my blood pressure kept dropping to 84/47 was the lowest which left me really faint and dizzy. i got discharged this morning but i am still dizzy feeling when i get up to move also still in pain and feel really nautious. the other thing is lately i have had trouble with my bowels i am lucky to go once every 8 days i mentioned this to the doctor who replied i can manage constipation at home without medical treatment. but i dont think its constipation as when i do manage to go it seems to be loose gungy stools or just very soft in the odd occasion its like rabbit droppings..
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! From the description of the symptoms, it seems that you had a food poisoning which can mimick the pain of appendicitis and hospital doctor also got confused initially. Appendicitis is mostly a clinical diagnosis, and the doctor rightly discarded this diagnosis after examining the patient.
The dizziness could be diue to fall in blood pressure due to dehydration or due the feeling of nausea. The doctor might have given a course of antibiotics for your abdominal pain.
You have not mentioned your marietal status. If you are married and not adopting any contraceptive methods, then you might have landed in an ectopic pregnancy which left you faint and dizzy with a low blood pressure. For this you should also obtain an ultrasound of your belly immediately.
The third possibility is a pelvic inflammatory disease which might give rise to lower abdominal pain. For this also you should consult your gynaecologist. I wish you a early recovery. Thanks.
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor