Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

ANA positive. AntiDNA 12, ANA 1:16. See which specialist?

Hi. I had bloodwork done in December and it came back ANA+ Anti DsDNA was 12 and ANA titer was 1:16; my gynecologist was very alarmed and said I need to see a Rheumatologst but my endocrinologist (I have Hashimoto s) said it was no big deal. I ve been tested for Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis in the past; both came back negative.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe that you need to consult a rheumatologist for the condition that you have. This will relieve your anxiety and help you get on with your life, considering all the other things happening around you necessitating visits with different specialists.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 8 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor