Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

AIDS Prevention

i am 25 years old gay. four years back i got root cannal treatmentment for my front tooth those days i used to see blood from my tooth ,nowdays its not bleeding i want to know that if i will kiss (long kiss ,inserting toung and exchanging saliva)a man who has AIDS,will i get infected through the holes whitch i have in tooth because of RCT.i am very woried.i red a artical in femina that if we have wound in mouth than it can be cause for HIV.please help
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  435
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hiv/253657?iL=true" >AIDS doen't spread by simple Kissing, as long as the lips are not abraded or having any ulcers or blister discharging any sort of blood. A tooth with RCT done and sealed, no longer has any connection of Blood supply to it, so consequently, there won't be any HIV VIRUS particle in it.

Saliva contains HIV VIRUS PARTICLES, in patient having HIV or having AIDS, but the number of HIV virus per ml of saliva is approximately ten thousand times LESSER than those of it found in 1 ml of blood. This means, saliva may be infective, but to a very lesser degree. Prolonged Kissing with exchange of Saliva is something that definitely will NOT be recommended with patient having AIDS or HIV. (Simple gesture kissing and PROLONGED KISSING with exchange of Saliva are two totally different situations). l

Lastly, patient with AIDS/ HIV frequently have oral problem as part of disease (AIDS/HIV), like Bleeding Gums, Periodontal problems, which make Saliva to get contaminated with blood and hence increasing the chances of infection.
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Any wounds and broken mucosal surfaces are viable and most effective transmission routes for HIV virus. Avoid contact with HIV infected people especially if you know their status for HIV, also if you dont know and have risks of exposure, then take prophylaxis treatment and practice safe sex measures.

Answered: Sat, 16 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor