Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

ADHD, ADD, sleeplessness, unable to concentrate, behavioral issues, immature. What can be done?

hi, I believe my step son (age 6) has ADHD or ADD, he constantly gets up in the middle of the night he lays in bed for about an hour and half before bed every night, he doesn't listen when told to do something, he can't stay still for anything he moves constantly, he can't consentrate on his school work, he can't keep his hands and feet to himself, he gets sent home from school almost every other week, he gets into fights at school, he is always very hyper even when he doesn't have any sugar or candy, I took him to a ADHD doctor in Clinton ok where we live, and he said he wanted to wait till hes 7 to see if it goes away with maturity, I need a second option I honestly do not think it will goe away, his dad and I got custody of him about a year ago and we've noticed it since.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
thanks for your quiry
it is with most children that the symptoms regress with age ,
but it needs constant psychotherapy and main role is of parents , give due time to the children, listen to what they are saying and do get involved into their activities, shares your jokes with him.
some medications are also used for this problem , your ADHD doctor will guide you about those.

give your time to your child
take care
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor