Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

A white gummy substance draining from right ear. Remedy to dry?

I went to a ear / nose / throat specialist the 11th of Sept. complaining of ear lose due to what I believed to be an impacted ear. A white gummy substance had been draining from my right ear for about two months. My hearing during that time progressively worsened. I had been cleaning both ears with hydrogen peroxide and cotton swabs. The right ear would have a whitish powdery substance and the left ear would have a yellowish substance which I believe is common. The Dr. took a light and examined both ears and said there was no infection and sent me on my way. Three days later She notified me that I did have an infection in right ear and started me on an antibiotic regime for ten days. My ear has stopped draining but my hearing loss has steadily worsened, I sometimes feel dizzy, and when I had to blow my nose one day I could hear a buzzing in my right ear. Is olive oil and hydrogen peroxide a safe home remedy for me to dry? Could I have busted the ear drum from doing this? I can not hear anything out of my right ear now.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
Hello friend,
Thank you for posting your query through Healthcare magic.
You get discharges from ears due to otitis media or inflammation of the middle ear. As a result of infection, mucous or pus get accumulated in the middle ear and occasionally they burst out through a rupture in the tympanic membrane thus bringing out the pus from inside. This has to be a considered as a defence mechanism of the body by which the important area of the ear called the middle ear is protected from getting damaged further.
You should have taken a curative treatment during the earliest stage of production of the symptom of pain or fever. Unfortunately you did not and so you had discharges from ear when you went to see the ENT doctor.
You have done a wrong step by applying or instilling Hydrogen peroxide into the ear to dry up the discharges. Hydrogen peroxide will make the discharges to go for time being but it is a strong chemical which should not have been applied to a ruptured ear. It went inside producing damage to the nerve tissues thereby destroying your hearing capacity.
As you said, your ENT doctor did not take your complaints as serious and sent you back. You cannot blame him because they are not taught how to cure such diseases. They believe that by giving some antibiotics cure takes place. No - cure is something deeper. It is the correction of the constitution that made you prone to get infection in the ear. By the chemical drugs, in the form of antibiotics, your ear must have got dry but damaged your sense of hearing by suppressing the natural processes.
Both olive oil and hydrogen poroxide are harmful to be applied into to the ear. Even water should not go into ears because it can make the condition worse.
Always try to keep the ruptured right ear dry. Keep it closed while taking bath. Never go for any plunge bath in pool, river or sea.
You may approach an expert Homoeopathic physician at the earliest. The rightly chosen remedy can stop your condition from becoming worse and can improve your hearing to the maximum possible levels.
You can also get back to me with more details of YOU and your complaints. I can suggest your curative remedy after studying your case in detail.
With Best Wishes,
Dr C. J. Varghese
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor