Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

A small scab formed just in side the ear canal, what should I do ?

a chunk of wax fell out of my ear, then a small scab formed just in side the ear canal , just far enough in that i can barely feel it with the tip of my finger . there is mild discomfort. what should I do ?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1498
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, I am Dr Sonia S V. I am an ENT Surgeon & Head & Neck Specialist. Some amount of wax forms in everybody. Avoid using ear buds. If you are experiencing pain or excess ear discomfort it may be better to have yourself evaluated by an ENT Doctor in your locality otherwise it is ok to have some wax come out.

All the best
Dr Sonia Suprabha Venugopal
Consultant ENT Head & Neck Surgery,Bangalore
Answered: Sat, 8 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor