Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

A male has a hard swollen abdomen but hospital had found nothing

A male has a hard swollen abdomen , it s been going on for quite a while and the hospital had found nothing. there is no pain but he can feel a kind of ball thing in his belly. a couple of months ago he couldn t eat for a week because even without eating his belly swelled up a lot (i.e he couldn t zip up his trousers) i was thinking about IBS but that would show in the colonoscopy wouldn t it? the person in aged between 15-30 years old.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  295
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

This is possible in some conditions.

He might have absolute constipation which can give rise to fullness of abdomen and hard faecal maas may feel like lump in abdomen.

If more fat deposited in abdomen,there is bulging of abdomen.

Avoid constipation, take light purgative daily at night.take more green vegetables and salads.

If more fat in the abdomen,reduce weight,do leg raising exercise daily.
Answered: Sat, 16 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor