Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

A large amount of tumor was found in back

hello doctor My aunt is currently suffering from a spread of cancer and its only getting worst by the days She is gettin operated thursday because a large amount of tumor was found in her back alot of people are saying once a cancer person gets operated and opened up theres a very large chance of them not waking up after the operation. is this true?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello,this a complete myth.There is nothing like this.The risk for surgery depends upon multiple factors like age,type of surgery,other medical condition etc.So do not worry.At times you are left with no choice but to go for surgery even if you know the risk so it is not the cancer surgery any surgery can lead to problems.Please discuss with your doctor still if you are concerned.bye and all the best to her.
Answered: Tue, 3 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor