Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

A fussy eater. Can I give him Cypon syrup to increase his appetite ?

Hi, my son is a fussy eater. I am worried about his health. He takes pedia sure about 5 oz in sleep refuses to take breakfast . Takes lunch n small quantity and during his afternoon nap I give him pedia sure . Night dinner is cerelac or bread ,finally when he goes to sleep pedia sure about 4 oz . Sometimes During midnight he cries out of hunger when I again give him milk. I know his feed is dis organized because he is so fussy that I only concentrate on somehow giving him healthy food. Can I give him cypon syrup to increase his appetite and organize proper eating schedule. Please advise as I am traumatized for the past 2 years. He is 2 years and 2 months.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  335
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Relax,this is normal for a child to behave like this.
You have to be patient with him ,feed him when other family members are eating,use two spoon method that is take one spoon yourself and give him second one.
Give him fruit juices,vegetable soup as they act as natural apetizers.

I will not advise you to do any self medication.
Cypon(cyproheptidine) is anti allergic and increase in appetite is one of its side effects.

Wishing your child good health.
God bless..
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor