Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

A full term male infant, siblings died of SIDS, temporary paroxysmal episodes. Need a full examination by a formal Pediatric cardiological consultant. What should I do

Hi Colleagues, I m a pediatrician in Guyana.I have no Ped. cardiologist to back me up here.I ve got this most interesting case a few hrs ago.Full term,normal, male infant.Three prior siblings (same father,boys + girl) all died after 1-2 months.Before SIDS -like deaths,they suffered some temporary paroxysmal episodes (during which epistaxis seen) of tremors and LOC (at first thought to be seizures) after which recovery was complete and apparently left the attending doctors baffled.A few yrs ago I briefly met the parents and examined the third sibling.He was normal but I strongly advised a formal Ped. cardiological consult to confirm/rule out a conduction problem.However,the delay in doing so was fatal.I have video recordings of the EKG off the monitor which I took soon after hooking him up.This site has no means for attachment of the file.But I can send that to an email address stat.Thank you for this opportunity. Dr H
Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello doctor,
Kindly send the EKG report to this id:
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor