Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

A black color substance comes out from scrotum. Do i need to worry ?

Dear Doctor , I am a male of 27 years and the problem is irritation in the private parts.A black clour substance comes from the scrottum skin and white powder type substance is coming from the inside skin of penis head .I am very tensed to even write this problem.Please help me doctor.What could be the reason for this?Should i consult a doctor directly?Please advice me doctor. Thank You.
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  331
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The white powdery substance coming from inside skin of penis head(Glans penis) is called smegma which is a deposit formed due to retention of few drops of urine and even semen in people who have not had circumcision ;it is normal to have it but you should make it a practice to retract the skin and clean the powdery substance with water and if possible with soap so that there is no infection.As for the black substance coming from scrotal skin it may be collection of salt;due to sweating mixed with infection if there is itching.If it is troubling you can consult a doctor in person so that he can examine you and advise you the required treatment.
Answered: Tue, 17 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor