Owl Image

A baby is infected when he has fever and cold

My baby is 13 months old. he is having fever for past 2 days,also cold. Doctor said just to give supposetry for fever (2-3 days) n for cold only steaming is required as he has no infection.Is it necessary a baby is infected when he has fever and cold,bcoz my frind told he should be infected and better medicine should be given... PLEASE ADVISE
Sun, 27 Mar 2011

hey you need to give crocin syrup and some syrup for cold also. i give my baby crocin syrup if he has fever, he is 10 months old. and some M-cold syrup for cold.

Anonymous's Response
Hello Welcome to Healthcare Magic ,
Fever with cold i.e running nose , is usually due to upper respiratory tract infection(URTI). URTI is most commonly caused by viruses , so just needs symptomatic management i.e crocin drops for fever and some antihistaminics for cold. It usually subsides in a week .
In case symptoms persist or worsen beyond 2 days of onset or child becomes drowsy , not taking orally adequately , then there might be a bacterial infection for which you need to add on an antibiotic.
Hope i was helpfull....