Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

A 76 year old should go for medicines or operation for slip disk ?

Hi . My mother has been found to have slipped disk at L4-S1. She cannot walk, sit, and stand. A lot pain at her hip down to thigh on her right leg. Please recommend me how to treatment. She is now 76 years old but does not have any problem with stomach and she can eat and comsume any food. Please tell me what medicines regarding treatment and pain relief (painkiller). Medicine and operation with one is better?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

She needs to be operated.

The pain would not subside until she is operated.

You can consult a Spine surgeon or orthopedician for this.

Also do not attempt for massaging or physiotherapy.

Such things would aggravate her symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health.

Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor