Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

95 yr old. Broke back. Should I have her for evaluation for pacemaker?

My mother who is 95 broke her back in 2 places and did well with then the doctor said she needed a pace maker which we didn t do at that time. Now she is confused and doesn t eat/ drink unless I encourage it. She s in a memory care facility and I put her on hospice. Now, I m having second thoughts and wonder if I should have her sent to the hospital for evaluation for a pacemaker. Otherwise, it seems that we are drugging her to death.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A pacemaker is essential for life., If she was advised by her cardiologist for the same, then it is best to send her for an evaluation for the implant. The memory disturbances are not likely to be related to the cardiac rhythm disorders.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 1 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor