Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

94yrs old loss of appetite and can't walk on his own.Can we have any remedy ?

94yrs old loss of appetite and can't walk on his own my grnd father is 94yrs old.he is having loss of appetite and can t walk on his own because of swollen feet and knee pain .can we have any remedy.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Jan 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  233
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and wellcome to healthcare magic ,swollen feet and knees most commonly points to either to some kind of kidney or heart disease ,or excluding these point towards to arthritis , but as he has appetite loss so most probable some internal organ cause is most likely but it would be only clear by doing liver function test, kidney function test,arthritis profile,general blood picture then it would be clear,by the mean time you can give some antacids and vitamin b complex syrup to improve his appetite some pain killer ,but take note that pain killer would decrease his appetite too ,better get consulted with an orthopedic and take his opinion,take care
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
I think this is age related problem and at some extent body organs become weak giving rise to all these problems.
She might have anemia as there is loss of appetite and swelling on the feet.
Give nourishing food,more liquid,fruit juices etc.
Give some multi vitamin syrup.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
This is all aging problem as the age advances body systems go week.Knee pain
could be due to severe arthritis and maiking difficult for him to walk.l Swolle feet
could be due to venous isuffciency leading gravitational oedema on feet. May be
associated with some inert cardiac problem.proper nursing care is very important
like nutrition,good hygenic care,if bed ridden prevention of bed sores. Annd if medical
treatment if any systemic involvement. Thanks
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

well, i can understand how it feels.i also had a grandmother like his condition.
first, we must know the diagnose of his disease. and i suspect it is rheumatoid arthritis and some differential diagnoses.and then after decide diagnose,we give the medicine.but I am so afraid of his age.because synthetic medicines have some contraindication and so related with liver and renal function which we know that in that age, he has lower and lower function of liver and i suggest to consume herbal product namely habbatus sauda as Rasulullah Muhammad saw.says:
"Actually, in the habbatus sauda, you can find medicine that can cure all diseases except death."

you can find that product in near supermarket.and blend it with some honey and milk.honey is medicine as the Holy Qur'an says.

I hope you can try all truth from hadist Rasulullah saw and from the holy Qur'an.
praise be upon ALLAH, THE ONLY ONE GOD.
Answered: Tue, 4 Jan 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor