Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

92 year old with burning while urination, loose stools. Stool in urine? Need to go to emergency?

My 92 year old father recently complained of frequency and burning on urination and always having loose stool at the same time. It appears and smells as though he has feces in his urine . He does not appear to be in any other distress- no change in appetite , etc, Jusst seems fatiqued from the frequent trips to the bathroom. Shoul I take him to an ER or scedule an appointment for Monday?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Filumena,
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that your father is having urinary tract infection along with loose stools.

You should get following investigations done :-
1. Complete Blood Count (CBC).
2. Urine examination (Routine/Microscopic and culture/senstivity).
3. Stool examination.

You can take your father to the ER for clinical examination.

Antibiotic like Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day along with antiamoebic like metronidazole 400 mg thrice a day can be taken along with a probiotic preparation.

He should be adviced to drink plenty of water daily.
Treatment can be planned according to the reports of the investigations.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor