Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

9 month old, watching TV through bars of playpen, strain on eyes. Family history of poor eyesight. How to prevent damage to eyes?

Dear sir, I have a query which I would like to pose to an eye specialist regarding my baby girl s vision . Which specialty do I need to select from the drop down menu above? Thank you Dr. XXXX. My 9 month old baby girl appears to have good vision. However her father has very weak vision and wears glasses since he was 11 years old. Of late my baby has begun to watch TV through the bars of her playpen. When I tried to do the same, it put strain on my eyes and I am concerned it might be the same case with her and thus damage her eye sight. Please help! Many thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
get the routine checkup of her the eye doctor..he can analyse by looking with torch light and also by putting some pupil dilating drops and taking out approx specs number and also eye fundus examination..get the annual checkup of yr daughters eye and keep it arranged into a file for records for future..
keep yr child away from TV approx 8=10 feet away, use less brightness/contrast in yr TV screen, put the tv off after 1/2 to 1 hour, and play with the child..u can also gibe supplementary multivitamins as per yr paediatrician's advice..
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor