Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

8yr old baby suffering with vomiting and stomach pain

Hi, I have an 8yr old son who has been vomiting on and off (every few days) for the last month or so. He complains sometimes of pains in his stomach, but he is usually ok again 30mins after he has vomited until the next time. Any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Answers:  7 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
A detailed history and physical examination is needed to determine the possible diagnosis and chalk out the further line of treatment.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pramod Gaikwad's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
As suggested by most of my colleagues you better consult a pediatrician as early as possible as chronic vomiting itself can give electrolyte disturbances apart from worsening the actual pathology causing the vomiting.In the mean time keep the child hydrated with ORS and proper fluid intake.
Hope you take the necessary action for your child's benefit asap.
Have a healthy life
Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Is he passing stools. Recurrent vomiting at this age could indicate gastritis. You will need to hydrate him well. Give him in sips of WHO formulated ORS by mixing one sachet in one litre of boiled and cooled water. If he is weak, not accepting feeds he can't wait any longer and needs to be taken to the Hospital for fluid resuscitation. Do not delay.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
hello, welcome to HCM. You also need to tell me about the bowel habit of your child and contents of vomit of your child. It could be from some parasitic infection to intestinal obstruction. You should visit a pediatrician for evaluation. Till than make sure to hydrate your child well. Give him fluids at regular intervals and use WHO ORS solution to maintain electrolyte balance. Wish your child good health.
Answered: Thu, 11 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
Hi, There are many causes of vomiting Pl. get him examineed &investigated to know the cause. do not give any medicine without Dr's advice.
keep him well hydrated .if he can not digest anything he may need i.v. glucose.
pl.take care.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Helo mam thr is so many cause for vomitng, can u tel me,whch typeof vomiting , aftr wat taken it is started, hw many time ,it hapn when he is empty stomach or aftr meal , colour of vomitus and any past histroy, is thr? advise for ur son ......usg abdomen, endoscopy sos.
Answered: Fri, 29 Jul 2011
  User's Response
welcome to h & m,
the cause for vomiting are many like
1 food poisoning
2 recurrent coughs
3 elongated uvula
4 acidity
so consult a doctor.
Answered: Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor